Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One more time.... with popcorn!

Before I even got a chance to figure out what we would be preparing for the Weekly Wednesday Treat Day, Jeff asked if I would think about making that wickedly addictive Gingerbread Popcorn we usually save for the holiday baking spree. His "so-called" reasoning was something about his team would likely be in meetings most of the day and the treat would need to be easy to eat and very portable. However, I think he just wanted the darn popcorn and didn't want to wait until we start the annual baking craze.

While it won't be a new recipe for us, at least his co-workers have never had it! I won't go into our regular spiel since I've already talked about this intoxicating goodie a ridiculous amount of times. If you happen to be new to the site or missed the other posts, then this is one of those recipes that I highly suggest you try, especially if you are a fan of sweet popcorn.

There really isn't much to fuss about this recipe - there is not even a need for a candy thermometer as you just need to boil the ginger-spiked, brown sugar and molasses concoction for five minutes, pour it over the popcorn and let it do its own thing in the oven, stirring a few times, until the popcorn is crisp, crunchy and need I say it again, addictive! Don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment