Sunday, November 14, 2010

Parfait Recipe




































Parfait recipe? But where is the recipe? I can hear you say that. I was told by a psychic herself that I have psychic abilities and I believed her even though I never believe psychics. Having a gift that few people in this world possess sounded sweet to my ears, you see, so I chose to believe :) Even though I know that, realistically, my psychic radar only works on and off and with minimal efficacy, I think I read you right this time :)

I prepare a parfait with whatever I have. I don’t typically call it a parfait. I like to eat my yogurt with toppings and I like it colorful so to me it’s simply yogurt with one of the many twists I apply to it on a daily basis. So I may not have exact measurements but it doesn’t matter. Consider this please; has anyone ever died of too many pomegranate arils? Has too much maple syrup ever ruined anybody’s day? Au contraire, my friends. Did your grandmother have an exact recipe for anything? Maybe yours did but mine certainly didn't. The best she could tell me about any recipe is to add a bit of this and a dash of that but I was still able to make it. I took some liberties and it tasted great. As a result I am not totally paralyzed in the kitchen without a recipe today. So all I will tell you about this preparation is that it is made with Greek yogurt, sweetened with maple syrup, topped with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds (the latter are from the Halloween pumpkin I so proudly carved to perfection with my own hands!!) and generously drizzled with more maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment